Auction for Arabella - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the our Online Fundraiser - Auction for Arabella. These Terms and Conditions set out the rules which are applicable to your participation in our fundraising auction.
You should ensure that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Your participation in our auction constitutes your deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility to participate in our Online Auction is limited to Australian residents only.
2. By submitting a Bid in our Auction, Bidders represent that they have read, and agree to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
3. Our Auction will run for 72 hours only, from 8pm Monday November 22nd 2021 until 8pm Thursday November 25th.
4. All Bidder's will be required to set up an account on our website, or log in to an existing account, to place Bids.
5. NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS OR COUPON CODES can be applied when purchasing Auction Items.
6. Our usual Shipping charges will apply to Auction purchases. Our Standard Free Shipping offer will apply to any Auction purchases of standard sized items if over $150. This offer excludes Wall Art and Furniture. Wall Art and Furniture will incur a shipping charge, based on our usual rates based on the shipping address.
7. Each Bid will represent the amount that the Bidder is willing to offer to pay for the Auction Item. Once a Bid has been submitted, the Bidder will receive a notification by email that their Bid has been successfully lodged in the database and that it is currently the Highest Bid. Bidders will also be sent a notification by email upon their Bid being out-bided by another Bidder. There is no limit on the number of Bids an Eligible Person may place on an Auction Item. All Bids are processed in the order that they are received in our database.
8. By placing a Bid in an Auction, the Bidder is offering to buy the Auction Item at that Bid. If the Bidder is declared the Successful Bidder for that Auction Item, a legally biding contract will arise between the Successful Bidder and Seaweed and Sand for the Successful Bidder to purchase the Auction Item from Seaweed and Sand at the Successful Bidder’s last Bid.
9. The Bidder who has placed the Highest Bid at the end of the Auction Period will be declared the Successful Bidder. The Successful Bidder will receive an email confirmation within 1 Business Days after the end of the Auction Period advising them that they are the Successful Bidder and confirming Seaweed and Sand’s acceptance of the Successful Bidder’s offer to buy the Auction Item at the Successful Bidder’s last Bid.
10. The Successful Bidder must provide full payment for the Auction Item to Seaweed and Sand within 2 Business Days after notification of Seaweed and Sand's acceptance of the Successful Bidder's Highest bid. Payment for the Auction Item must be made through Seaweed and Sand's website by way of PayPal, Afterpay or Credit/Debit card.
11. Auction Items will be dispatched within 5 business days of full payment, unless Store Pick Up is the Successful Bidder's preferred option. Seaweed and Sand do not accept responsibility for lost or damaged items.
12. In the event the Successful Bidder fails to pay for an Auction Item in accordance with condition 7, Seaweed and Sand will, in its absolute discretion, offer the Auction Item for sale to the Bidder who submitted the second Highest Bid at the end of the Auction Period.
13. The Successful Bidder cannot exchange, cancel or refund an Auction Item.
14. Seaweed and Sand will determine any dispute as to the validity of any Bid and the Successful Bidder. All decisions made by Seaweed and Sand are final and binding.
15. If for any reason an Auction is not capable of running as planned due to any reason (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes), including anything which may corrupt the integrity or proper conduct of an Auction, Seaweed and Sand reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Auction.